Please read so you have all the information with your application
Please click here for important information about houses and appartments built before 1978.
Rex Rentals & Realty, Inc. does not discriminate on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability, or source of legal income. We comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning fair housing.
Thank you for selecting a property managed by Rex Rentals & Realty, Inc. as a possible new home for you. Please fill out the form completely, it is important to supply all the information asked for. The more complete the form, the quicker it will help in making our decision.
Before you file an on-line application you must physically view the property through our Schedule a Showing. When you log into the application portal please be prepared:
- Have your government approved ID ready to upload (Military ID’s cannot be used by Federal Law)
- Have your last 2 paystubs
- If self-employed last 2 years of 1040
Please read our criteria below for a full understanding of our process:
If multiple applications are received on the same property, the Landlord reserves the right to select the best applicant. This will be based on verified income, public records, and credit report. You will be notified usually within two business days of receiving your fully completed application. This is with the consideration of references responding.
UPON APPROVAL, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE WILL BE ASSESED AT 4.5% OF THE 1st MONTH’S TOTAL RENT; TO BE INCLUDED IN CERTIFIED FUNDS AT LEASE SIGNING.
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
- All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A Nonrefundable application fee will be required for all adult applicants. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay additional application fees, security or damage deposit. Multiple applications may be processed at the same time in order to select the best qualified application.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of 2.5 times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required.
- Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays (within 3 years), judgments (within 3 years), eviction filing (within 3 years), collections and liens (within 3 years), or bankruptcy (within the past 5 years).
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
- Criminal records are reviewed on a person by person basis. Multiple convictions for felonies involving human injury or damage to private property can be reason for not qualifying; no sexual offenses ever will be accepted. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld" further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
- No pets of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, and/or an addendum to lease, a completed pet application and compliance with pet policy, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet fee or additional security deposit. Fees are waived for medically necessary service animals. Visit https://rexrentals.petscreening.com to complete the application via PetScreening. Failure to complete the online animal application within 24 hours of submitting the rental application is considered an incomplete application and may be grounds for denial.
- A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. It will be used at the end of your lease term to cover any needed cleaning, carpet cleaning and re-keying. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, re-keying etc. may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re-keying etc. that exceed this nonrefundable property preparation fee or minimum fees.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
- The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
- If applicant fails to accept within 24 hours of approval and/or begin leasing process within 2 days, we reserve the right to proceed with the next application. Upon acceptance, an administrative fee equal to 4.5% of the total monthly rent will be due along with other move in funds. The minimum move in funds required for all properties is administrative fee, first month’s rent, and security deposit. Participants in third party programs (such as HUD, Boley, ect) will be required to pay 75% of the first month’s rent in addition to the administrative fee and security deposit.
- We may require a reservation fee to be collected to hold a property off the market for 15 days maximum. In the event the application is approved, and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this fee. If the applicant completes the move in process with all funds collected, this fee shall be applied to the first month’s rent with the second payment applied towards the security deposit.
- Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed, to the credit bureau and/or any third parties to the lease.
- Application available here for non-internet access.